Closing Your Case

 Home / Court Departments / Domestic Relations / Closing Your Case

If you are the Plaintiff:
You may close your case by appearing in Domestic Relations with a valid picture ID and signing a form.

*If you are a plaintiff receiving TANF benefits (cash assistance) from the Department of Human Services, you cannot close your case until you speak to your Assistance Office first.*

*You may also file your petition through*

If your child is 18 years of age and is graduating High School this year:
Please fill out Emancipation inquiry form here and send it to our office at P.O. Box 543 Media, PA 19063.

If you are divorced and need to cancel spousal support:
You may appear in, write to, or fax the Domestic Relations Section a copy of your Divorce Decree, and your obligation for spousal support will be removed from the order.

Contact Us

About Delaware County

Delaware County, presently consisting of over 184 square miles divided into forty-nine municipalities is the oldest settled section of Pennsylvania.

Read more